Doctorate Degree Completion
If you are working full-time and enrolled in a Doctorate Degree Program, you may find it extremely challenging to find time to complete your reading assignments, write papers, and write your dissertation.
The attrition rate in doctoral programs is alarming because too many demands are placed on the students inside and outside the programs.
Many students manage to stay on track when they complete the coursework because there is structure, deadlines, and accountability, but fall off the wagon during the dissertation process.
Writing a dissertation can be lonely, tedious, and difficult. It is easy for the student to focus on other important things, such as their work, and/or their families, and neglect their research.
There are valid reasons for this, such as having a demanding job, as well as excuses, like choosing to watch television or rest when it is time to write. The more time passes, the more resistance the student feels, which adds pressure and creates regret. It becomes increasingly difficult to become self-disciplined and highly organized and to develop new habits that will ensure completion in a timely manner.
But it doesn't have to be that way!
You can work with me to create and keep momentum, to develop strategies to free up time to write without sacrificing your well-being, to be excited about completing your degree, to develop success habits, and make decisions consciously and intentionally instead of letting yourself down.
This Coaching Program Is Perfect For You If
- You want to make significant progress on your dissertation and complete your degree in a timely manner.
- You are spread too thin and you have so many other responsibilities that your schoolwork tends to get put on the back-burner.
- You don't know how to make time to write consistently because your life is already full.
- There are times you could be writing but you choose to do something else because you are too tired or you have temporarily forgotten how important it is to you to complete your degree.
- You'd rather do something else than researching and writing on the weekend. You tend to procrastinate then beat yourself up for your lack of progress.
- Sometimes you get discouraged by the amount of work ahead of you or by the comments you receive from your dissertation chair. You occasionally doubt your ability to get through it.
- You don't want to keep paying tuition longer than you have to.
- You know something needs to change because neither dropping out nor taking additional years to finish is acceptable to you.
How We Will Work Together
This is a one-on-one coaching program, giving us the flexibility to personalize our sessions to your unique goals, circumstances, and personal preferences.
To keep you moving forward at a good pace, I will check in with you by email every week, keeping you accountable and motivated, and we will have two coaching sessions by phone each month.
Our work together will include:
- creating a compelling vision of success
- developing a strong mindset
- improving self-efficacy
- setting a timeline
- creating strategies for success
- improving self-discipline and follow-through
- overcoming obstacles
- evaluating your time allocation
- dropping time-wasting habits
- developing daily success habits
- creating new systems and healthy boundaries
- delegating more (if/when appropriate)
- identifying tasks you can stop doing
- and when necessary, challenging old beliefs that kept you overly busy.
Note: Working full-time while completing a doctorate degree can create significant stress. If you are also interested in my Stress Reduction Coaching Program, we can create a hybrid program based on your unique needs and preferences.
What to Expect
During each session you will discover new tools and techniques to develop new habits and make considerable progress on your dissertation. You will have time to implement what you learn before the next appointment. We will also address the emotional side of task avoidance so that you can complete your degree with ease and feel joyful.
You will be surprised to see how much you can get done once you change your outlook and implement success strategies. Coaching includes accountability but it's only the tip of the iceberg. You will become more empowered, think more positive thoughts, and be pleased with your situation. You will no longer be stuck or feel defeated when the pressure gets high. You will find balance and take pride in how well you are handling all of your responsibilities.
The Best Investment You Can Ever Make
Imagine how your life will transform once you no longer feel pressure and you develop new habits to make significant progress on your schoolwork, while still performing highly at your job and taking care of your loved ones! Imagine the burden lifted, the worries gone, and enjoying a new sense of being in control.
You won't have to keep paying tuition for a long time because you will graduate in a timely manner. You won't have to miss out on life's pleasure because you're too busy working and writing. You won't have to feel guilty about all of the things you can't do.
What would it be worth to you? It would be invaluable, wouldn’t it?
This coaching program includes two 1-hour coaching sessions by phone and four weekly emails each month to keep you energized and moving forward successfully.
Your monthly investment depends on the duration of our coaching partnership.
- 6 months: $450/month
- 12 months: $400/month
I am making it highly affordable for you to make a commitment to yourself because I know with my help you can graduate much sooner than if you try to do this alone.
Once you calculate what you will save in tuition and how much better your life will get, it is a no-brainer.
Ready? Let’s do it!
How to Get Started
Click on the button below to view my calendar and make an appointment for a free consultation by phone. If none of the times available are convenient for you, click here to send me a message with your availability and time zone. I will do my absolute best to accommodate you.
During our initial call, we will talk about your goals, how to reach them, and if I feel 100% confident that I can help you get the results you desire, I will offer to work together. You will then decide if you want to get started and enjoy the freedom and well-being you crave and deserve.